Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

"William" > wrote in message ...

> "chico chupacabra" > wrote in message
> > Billy Blight continued his pathetic defense of a known airhead:

> >> cut
> >>
> >> I don't believe you now you've admitted that your sources of information come from
> >> lying criminals.

> > What did he have to gain by saying that she participated in his culture?

> The same as you - the hope that his lies would discredit her - revenge.

He needed an excuse for the break up - so of course shifted the blame onto me.

> > Moreover, what bond would he have had with her if she didn't identify in some way
> > with his skinhead worldview?

> I think the real question here is, what bond would she have had with him if he didn't
> identify in some way with her vegan worldview? I think he was a vegan trying to
> dispel the myth that all vegans are whimps.

He wasn't a vegan. He was near-vegan when here, but after he'd left I found out
that he'd been scoffing hamburgers in town... Our common ground was mainly
religious belief. He was not violent or abusive toward me, but it eventually became
apparent that our differences outweighed agreement, and, he was a really lazy sod.
The end came when I discovered that he had been trawling for girls at porn sites.