Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Wizzzer Wizzzer is offline

Default Allergic reaction???

The past 2 days, late at night just before going to bed, I started to
feel itchy. I looked in the mirror and could see redness and small
pinpoint bumps on both sides of my chest, high near my shoulders. I
took Benedril and it seemed to go away, but when I woke up, my lips were
swollen and my hands were itchy. I took Benedril again and it went
away. I think I'm having an allergic reaction to something I've been
eating. My diet has changed quite a bit in the last few months, but the
new foods are relatively few. I think one of these is the culprit:
frozen wild blueberries, pre-cooked bacon, walnuts, pork rinds or
possibly fresh tomatoes from my neighbors garden. I strongly suspect
the pre-cooked bacon or the wild blueberries. The other items I've
eaten before with no problem, but not recently. Has anyone else had a
problem with them? Or perhaps one of them does not play nice with
Glimepiride. Maybe it isn't an allergy at all. I did stop eating all
of them and it stopped, so it seems likely. Oh, one more thing, I was
exercising just before I noticed it each time. Any ideas or
suggestions?

Cheers, Wizzzer