Dee Randall

Default Biga breads - Carol Fields Bread book

In my sentence, I should reword it to include "THE DOUGH"

as
> the
> > new food processors do NOT heat up THE DOUGH with the new low speed and

dough/low
> > settings.

Even with the newer processor I have with the dough setting, I do measure
the temperature of the dough not to reach over 80 degrees. So far it never
has.

Thanks very much for answering.
Dee

"Janet Bostwick" > wrote in message

> "Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> snip
> > I have followed all instructions diligently with the bigas, leaving them

> > set various days. I have used variously a mixer and a food processor. I
> > think her instructions for the food processor might be out of date

> regarding
> > how cold the starter should be before you put it into the processor, as

> the
> > new food processors do NOT heat up with the new low speed and dough/low
> > settings. Do you use a mixer exclusively or do it by hand (I cannot do

> it
> > by hand because of physical limitations.)?
> > Dee

> Dee,
> The issue is not that the food processor heats up, but rather that the
> mixing/kneading of the dough causes the dough to warm. This occurs with

the
> KitchenAid, commercial mixers and more quickly/dangerously with a food
> processor because the processing time is so quick. Roy Basan can probably
> tell us what happens to the dough chemically with fast mixing and

over-warm