Barry Grau

Default Pork roast steaks - how to make them taste good?

"David Hare-Scott" > wrote in message >...
> "Gary" > wrote in message
> > I bought a boneless prok loin roast and cut them into steaks. I
> > grilled one the other night.
> >
> > Very disappointing. Almost tasteless. But I LOVE chinese roast pork.
> >
> > Any recommendations: what to do to enhance the flavor?

> For a more occidental flavour try what we had last night, simple but very
> good.
>
> Rosemary Pork Steaks

There's a German deli in my neighborhood (Mayer's on Lincoln just
south of Lawrence for those in Chicago) that sells what they call
"Balkan steaks." These are boneless pork loin chops (about .75 inches
thick) in a dry marinade of what seems to be mostly paprika, ground
fennel and black pepper. It's very tasty, but they do use good quality
pork.

-bwg