Old 27-07-2006, 06:28 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
Ron[_1_] Ron[_1_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

Leif Erikson wrote:
William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
.net...

William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
thlink.net...

William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
arthlink.net...

William wrote:

I wasn't talking about Lesley. I was talking about Pearl,

That's lesley, you dummy. "pearl" is her ****witted pseudonym.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

She is anything but a pearl; more like a

jagged piece of broken glass from a cheap bottle of beer.

yawn

and having an open mind about her beliefs.

You don't really mean to have an open mind about them, dumb-ass. What you mean
is to be predisposed to accept them because they're new-age kooky.

Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
believe some of them.

Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face value any new-age kooky
bullshit that appears to go against common sense, and that plays to your perverse
need to be "different". You misinterpret this as "open-mindedness". It isn't

I agree - it isn't "open-mindedness." Being open-minded is all about being
receptive of others' ideas and beliefs.

No, that is *NOT* what being open-minded is

Yes it is.

[snip crap]

No, it isn't.

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

Wrong. That dictionary definition is simply bullshit.

LOL!!!

Now Goober is going to rewrite Webster's.

What a retard!

Being *receptive* is not being open minded, you
****ing idiot; it's being partisan.

If born liars exist

lesley is one.

No. Ispe Dixit knows her well and told me ages ago that she's a reliable
expert on nutrition and alternative animal-friendly treatments.

Derek was incorrect about that

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
"veganism"

I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.

"inner earth beings"
"hollow earth"
that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
rain forest destruction
Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
Stolen French flying saucer
Zapper
Foot massage (as cure-all)
Astrology
Numerology
Alien abduction
bestiality

I very much doubt that.

I thought you were open minded?

You can doubt things while being open-minded about them.

You're not being honestly open-minded about it.

Yes I am,

No, you aren't.

Her endorsement of it was correctly inferred from her
failure to state her opposition to it following her
statement of support for someone (Karen Winter) who
openly endorses it. lesley was asked repeatedly if she
wanted to distance herself from Karen on at least that
one issue, and she refused to do so. That is implicit
support for it.

Leprechauns
Channeling
Polar fountains
Sun gazing
Chemtrails
AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
Crop circles
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot! The guy was an
ex-convict. He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and
started posting, right here in this newsgroup - a lot
of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here
is his post: http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using
her computer and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

/restore

Leave it in shitbag. Leave it in as a testament to
your closed-mindedness.

As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
common sense.

You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds your need to be "different".

No, it's a consequence of the principles I hold regarding the treatment
of animals.

No, it's based on your wish to try to be distinctive,
to be "different".

You're an unaccomplished nobody loser,

Enough of the insults.

No. You are asking for them.

and you're one among millions. Your ego
needs something to make you feel "special", so you went out and found something.

"veganism" is not a thought-out position. It's a
choice people make *SELF-CONSCIOUSLY* to try to create
a persona.