Old 27-07-2006, 01:33 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
chico chupacabra chico chupacabra is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

William wrote:

Hello Usual Suspect.

Good morning, moron.

I know who you are now.

And I'll bet you're SO proud of yourself, too.

I wasn't talking about Lesley. I was talking about Pearl,
That's lesley, you dummy. "pearl" is her ****witted pseudonym.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

She is anything but a pearl; more like a

jagged piece of broken glass from a cheap bottle of beer.

yawn

and having an open mind about her beliefs.
You don't really mean to have an open mind about them, dumb-ass. What you
mean is to be predisposed to accept them because they're new-age kooky.

Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
believe some of them.
Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face value any new-age kooky
bullshit that appears to go against common sense, and that plays to your
perverse need to be "different". You misinterpret this as "open-mindedness".
It isn't

I agree - it isn't "open-mindedness." Being open-minded is all about being
receptive of others' ideas and beliefs.
No, that is *NOT* what being open-minded is

Yes it is.

[snip crap]

That was the definition of open-mindedness you cut away, and
it fits perfectly with mine. Is that why you cut it? ;-)

o·pen-mind·ed
adj.
Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/open-minded

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

No, it isn't.

Yes it is.

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

Wrong. That dictionary definition is simply bullshit.

It's the correct definition, and it's the definition I used.

Being *receptive* is not being open minded, you ****ing idiot; it's being
partisan.

If born liars exist
lesley is one.

No. Ispe Dixit knows her well and told me ages ago that she's a reliable
expert on nutrition and alternative animal-friendly treatments.

Derek was incorrect about that

Incorrect about what? I'm telling you what Ipse Dixit told me. He wrote me an email.

Derek's no authority himself. Try quackwatch.com instead.

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
"veganism"

I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.

"inner earth beings"
"hollow earth"
that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
rain forest destruction
Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
Stolen French flying saucer
Zapper
Foot massage (as cure-all)
Astrology
Numerology
Alien abduction

cut

I very much doubt that.
I thought you were open minded?

You can doubt things while being open-minded about them.
You're not being honestly open-minded about it.

Yes I am,

No, you aren't.

Her endorsement of it was correctly inferred from her failure to state her
opposition to it following her statement of support for someone (Karen Winter) who
openly endorses it. lesley was asked repeatedly if she wanted to distance herself
from Karen on at least that one issue, and she refused to do so. That is implicit
support for it.

No.

Yes. Karen never distanced herself from conditioning. Read it again, dimwit.

Read Pearl's post. "To repeat- I think it is a perversion, and if it is contrary
to an animals'
instinct and requires conditioning or abuse, I _strongly_ condemn it."

Then why did she hem and haw all over the place about it?

What more do you want?

Straightforward answers would be nice.

She strongly condemns it and thinks it's a perversion.

"*IF* it's contrary to an animals' [sic] instinct *AND* requires
conditioning *OR* abuse..." Why can't she just come right out and say,
"It's always wrong to molest animals"?

That's one item I've taken off that list, Usual Suspect.

That one's staying.

I wonder how many others are there that shouldn't be.

Read through the links, dumbass. They go straight to her posts on those
issues.

Leprechauns
Channeling
Polar fountains
Sun gazing
Chemtrails
AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
Crop circles
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.
She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot! The guy was an
ex-convict. He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she
got together with him: she was aroused by it.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.
I do know all of it.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and started posting, right here
in this newsgroup - a lot of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here is his post:
http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using her computer and her pseudonym at that
time, "lilweed".

/restore

Leave it in shitbag. Leave it in as a testament to your closed-mindedness.

I've no comment to make on her personal life because 1, I don't
know all the facts. 2, I don't want to know them. 3, you sure as hell
don't know them. 4, It's none of our business. 5, Her personal life
has no bearing on her expertise in vegan nutrition and alternative
medicine.

"Expertise" would lead her away from veganism, not to it. As for her
"expertise" in alternative medicine, she RUBS FEET! Some expertise that is.

As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
common sense.
You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds your need to be
"different".

No, it's a consequence of the principles I hold regarding the treatment
of animals.

No, it's based on your wish to try to be distinctive, to be "different".

You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but always remember
that you're not in a position to tell me what I believe.

You're doing a damn good job of it yourself, and your defensive attitude
about it towards Mr Erikson is pretty amusing, too.

You're an unaccomplished nobody loser,

Enough of the insults.

No. You are asking for them.

Well now I'm asking you to stop them, please.

Truth hurts?

and you're one among millions. Your ego
needs something to make you feel "special", so you went out and found something.

"veganism" is not a thought-out position. It's a choice people make
*SELF-CONSCIOUSLY* to try to create a persona.

For me it's not a choice.

Yes, it is. It's an irrational one based on the mental defect that it's
good to stick out like a sore thumb, and that you must be special
because everyone else isn't like you at all.

I cannot go against my principles any more than you can,

You have no principles.

Usual Suspect.

You were responding to Mr Erikson, not to me.