Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
William[_2_] William[_2_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

Hello Usual Suspect. I know who you are now.

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
k.net...
> William wrote:
>
>> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
>> .net...

rthlink.net...

> [...]
. earthlink.net...

>>>No, that is *NOT* what being open-minded is

>> Yes it is.
>>
>> [snip crap]

That was the definition of open-mindedness you cut away, and
it fits perfectly with mine. Is that why you cut it? ;-)

o·pen-mind·ed
adj.
Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/open-minded

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

> No, it isn't.

Yes it is.

>> "Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

> Wrong. That dictionary definition is simply bullshit.

It's the correct definition, and it's the definition I used.

> Being *receptive* is not being open minded, you ****ing idiot; it's being
> partisan.

>>>lesley is one.

>> No. Ispe Dixit knows her well and told me ages ago that she's a reliable
>> expert on nutrition and alternative animal-friendly treatments.

> Derek was incorrect about that

Incorrect about what? I'm telling you what Ipse Dixit told me. He wrote me an email.

cut

>>>You're not being honestly open-minded about it.
>>>

>> Yes I am,

> No, you aren't.
>
> Her endorsement of it was correctly inferred from her failure to state her
> opposition to it following her statement of support for someone (Karen Winter) who
> openly endorses it. lesley was asked repeatedly if she wanted to distance herself
> from Karen on at least that one issue, and she refused to do so. That is implicit
> support for it.

No. Read Pearl's post. "To repeat- I think it is a perversion, and if it is contrary
to an animals'
instinct and requires conditioning or abuse, I _strongly_ condemn it." What more do
you want?
She strongly condemns it and thinks it's a perversion. That's one item I've taken off
that list,
Usual Suspect. I wonder how many others are there that shouldn't be.

>>>I do know all of it.

>> Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.
>>
>> cut

> Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?
>
> <restore>
>
> She went out of town, and he got into her computer and started posting, right here
> in this newsgroup - a lot of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
> posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here is his post:
> http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using her computer and her pseudonym at that
> time, "lilweed".
>
> </restore>
>
> Leave it in shitbag. Leave it in as a testament to your closed-mindedness.

I've no comment to make on her personal life because 1, I don't
know all the facts. 2, I don't want to know them. 3, you sure as hell
don't know them. 4, It's none of our business. 5, Her personal life
has no bearing on her expertise in vegan nutrition and alternative
medicine.

>>>You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds your need to be
>>>"different".

>> No, it's a consequence of the principles I hold regarding the treatment
>> of animals.

> No, it's based on your wish to try to be distinctive, to be "different".

You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but always remember
that you're not in a position to tell me what I believe.

>>> You're an unaccomplished nobody loser,

>> Enough of the insults.

> No. You are asking for them.

Well now I'm asking you to stop them, please.

>>> and you're one among millions. Your ego
>>>needs something to make you feel "special", so you went out and found something.

> "veganism" is not a thought-out position. It's a choice people make
> *SELF-CONSCIOUSLY* to try to create a persona.

For me it's not a choice. I cannot go against my principles any more than you can,
Usual Suspect.