Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Pork roast steaks - how to make them taste good?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:20:30 GMT, Gary > wrote:

>I bought a boneless prok loin roast and cut them into steaks. I
>grilled one the other night.
>
>Very disappointing. Almost tasteless. But I LOVE chinese roast pork.
>
>Any recommendations: what to do to enhance the flavor?

The easiest but most expensive way is to start with a heritage pig
(I.E. traditional breed) that wanders around rooting. That will take
care of it.

I imagine those Spanish pigs that eat acorns all day to make Serranno
(sp?) ham would probably make a good steak or loin roast as well.

To make modern supermarket pork taste like anything you can use a dry
marinade or rub a day or so before. It will be edible but still not as
good.

Rodney Myrvaagnes Opinionated old geezer

Brutal dictators are routinely reelected by 90+%
margins. Only in a truly advanced democracy can
one win an election by a negative 600,000 votes.