Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
Leif Erikson Leif Erikson is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

William wrote:

> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>William wrote:
>>
>>>"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
thlink.net...

>>>Sorry. I didn't know that.
>>>
>>>She is anything but a pearl; more like a

>>>yawn

>>>Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
>>>believe some of them.

>>Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face value any new-age kooky bullshit
>>that appears to go against common sense, and that plays to your perverse need to be
>>"different". You misinterpret this as "open-mindedness". It isn't

> I agree - it isn't "open-mindedness." Being open-minded is all about being
> receptive of others' ideas and beliefs.

No, that is *NOT* what being open-minded is, but it is
what you are. But you don't mean just any "others".
They have to be others like you: counter-culture
new-age nitwits.

> You, on the other hand, are not
> receptive of others' ideas and beliefs. You are closed-minded.

No, I'm not closed minded. I'm skeptical. That isn't
being closed-minded.

>> - it's anything but that. What it is is bias toward kookiness.

>>>She says she doesn't,

>>She's a born liar.
>>

> If born liars exist

lesley is one.

>>>I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.

>>>I very much doubt that.

>>I thought you were open minded?
>>

> You can doubt things while being open-minded about them.

You're not being honestly open-minded about it.

>>>Yeah right.

>>She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot! The guy was an
>>ex-convict. He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
>>together with him: she was aroused by it.
>>

> You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it. She went out of town, and he got
into her computer and started posting, right here in
this newsgroup - a lot of wild, violence-tinged stuff.
He found and began posting in some skinhead-oriented
groups as well. Here is his post:
http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using her computer
and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

You see, you're not open-minded at all. I'm giving you
evidence, and you just dismiss it because you're a
counter-culture new-age kook, and you feel a natural
sympathy with another of your kind. That's
closed-mindedness, pal.

>>You see? You're not open-minded at all.

>>As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
>>common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

> I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
> reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
> common sense.

You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds
your need to be "different". You're an unaccomplished
nobody loser, and you're one among millions. Your ego
needs something to make you feel "special", so you went
out and found something.