Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
William[_2_] William[_2_] is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> William wrote:
>> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
>> ink.net...

>>>That's lesley, you dummy. "pearl" is her ****witted pseudonym.

>> Sorry. I didn't know that.
>>
>> She is anything but a pearl; more like a
>>
>>>jagged piece of broken glass from a cheap bottle of beer.
>>>

>> yawn

>>>You don't really mean to have an open mind about them, dumb-ass. What you mean is
>>>to be predisposed to accept them because they're new-age kooky.

>> Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
>> believe some of them.

> Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face value any new-age kooky bullshit
> that appears to go against common sense, and that plays to your perverse need to be
> "different". You misinterpret this as "open-mindedness". It isn't

I agree - it isn't "open-mindedness." Being open-minded is all about being
receptive of others' ideas and beliefs. You, on the other hand, are not
receptive of others' ideas and beliefs. You are closed-minded.

- it's anything but that.
> What it is is bias toward kookiness.
>

>>> Any time some dope
>>>like you starts lecturing about open mindedness, it quickly becomes apparent that
>>>you are anything but that. You are, rather, a true believer - a ****wit, in other
>>>words.
>>>
>>>lesley believes in a whole list of weird, irrational, anti-scientific fairy tales:
>>>

>> She says she doesn't,

> She's a born liar.

If born liars exist and you can show that she's one of them, I'll be open-minded
and look at your evidence.

>>> "zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
>>> "veganism"

>> I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.
>>

>>> "inner earth beings"
>>> "hollow earth"
>>> that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
>>> helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
>>> rain forest destruction
>>> Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
>>> Stolen French flying saucer
>>> Zapper
>>> Foot massage (as cure-all)
>>> Astrology
>>> Numerology
>>> Alien abduction
>>> bestiality

>> I very much doubt that.

> I thought you were open minded?

You can doubt things while being open-minded about them. If someone
doubts something they're undecided about it, not closed-minded about
it. Show your evidence proving she believes in bestiality.

>>> Leprechauns
>>> Channeling
>>> Polar fountains
>>> Sun gazing
>>> Chemtrails
>>> AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
>>> Crop circles
>>> sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

>> Yeah right.

> She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot! The guy was an
> ex-convict. He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
> together with him: she was aroused by it.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

> You see? You're not open-minded at all.
>
>>> participation in skinhead subculture
>>> the validity of online IQ tests
>>> crackpot 9-11 conspiracy theories
>>> Jeff Rense for "news"
>>> long-debunked legends about "ageless wonders"

> As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
> common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
common sense.