Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals
Leif Erikson Leif Erikson is offline

Default Where's everybody gone?

William wrote:
> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>
>>William wrote:
>>

>>>I wasn't talking about Lesley. I was talking about Pearl,

>>That's lesley, you dummy. "pearl" is her ****witted pseudonym.

> Sorry. I didn't know that.
>
> She is anything but a pearl; more like a
>
>>jagged piece of broken glass from a cheap bottle of beer.
>>

> yawn
>
>>>and having an open mind about her beliefs.

>>You don't really mean to have an open mind about them, dumb-ass. What you mean is
>>to be predisposed to accept them because they're new-age kooky.

> Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
> believe some of them.

Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face
value any new-age kooky bullshit that appears to go
against common sense, and that plays to your perverse
need to be "different". You misinterpret this as
"open-mindedness". It isn't - it's anything but that.
What it is is bias toward kookiness.

>> Any time some dope
>>like you starts lecturing about open mindedness, it quickly becomes apparent that
>>you are anything but that. You are, rather, a true believer - a ****wit, in other
>>words.
>>
>>lesley believes in a whole list of weird, irrational, anti-scientific fairy tales:
>>

> She says she doesn't,

She's a born liar.

>> "zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
>> "veganism"

> I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.
>

>> "inner earth beings"
>> "hollow earth"
>> that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
>> helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
>> rain forest destruction
>> Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
>> Stolen French flying saucer
>> Zapper
>> Foot massage (as cure-all)
>> Astrology
>> Numerology
>> Alien abduction
>> bestiality

> I very much doubt that.

I thought you were open minded?

>> Leprechauns
>> Channeling
>> Polar fountains
>> Sun gazing
>> Chemtrails
>> AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
>> Crop circles
>> sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

> Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you
idiot! The guy was an ex-convict. He was a skinhead
when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

You see? You're not open-minded at all.

>> participation in skinhead subculture
>> the validity of online IQ tests
>> crackpot 9-11 conspiracy theories
>> Jeff Rense for "news"
>> long-debunked legends about "ageless wonders"

As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly
in the face of logic and common sense and science, and
that's *why* you believe in them.