Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tom[_4_] Tom[_4_] is offline

Default Boycott Gettysburg

Link to photos showing how the battlefield looked before superintendent John
Latschar raped it.
http://users.snip.net/~hart/

We loved Gettysburg: took dozens of week-long trips, spent many thousands of
dollars there, but those days are over thanks to park superintendent John
Latschar. He's ruining the battlefield. He calls it restoration. Desecration
is more descriptive. If we spent another dime we'd be supporting the
destruction. Trees are being ripped out wholesale. The deer have been
slaughtered. Visiting on a Nov. evening is an experience everyone should be
able to enjoy, but he shortened the hours so you'll be ticketed and labeled
criminals. He threw up so many one-way signs that traffic has become a
tourist's nightmare. He likes saying, "The time for comment was during the
planning, not now." Well, Bozo, the public DID and continues to comment, but
you ignore them. Tens of 1000s have voiced their concern, but you act as
though the battlefield is your own private domain. It belongs to the
taxpayers, not an arrogant, government-appointed bureaucrat. Ghost hunters
have been turned away in droves. He said they're in the same category as
drug users. (look it up) What a moron. Not only is the town losing a fortune
toward the local economy, the park is losing thousands of watchful eyes.
Those with evil intent will always gain access at night, as was proven by
the recent vandalism. Closing the park merely keeps honest folks out. John
Latschar has, in affect, given vandals free rein. Attendance is lagging. He
blames everything except his own bumbling. He moans about never having
enough money, yet continues wasting funds on senseless projects that divide
the townspeople and drives others away. It's typical government ineptness.
Looks like John Latschar sits around dreaming up new ways to **** people
off. If he's not shooting the wildlife, cutting down 100s of acres of trees,
or screwing up traffic flow, he'll devise some other dumbass plan. Chances
are he'll eventually move on to another location leaving his mess and debts
behind for someone else. (He's done it before) What's worse than allowing
John Latschar to inflict so much damage to such hallowed ground? Most of you
sit idly by and let it happen without so much as a whimper. Talk is cheap,
holding back spending speaks volumes. We're doing our part. Good bye
Gettysburg. You were our favorite place on Earth until John Latschar raped
you. Now you're just a memory. What a pity and disgrace.