Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.drink
Dave Brown Dave Brown is offline

Default "Canadian Lyric" cocktail?

Adam Funk > writes:

> "A Mixture of Frailties" by Robertson Davies mentions the following
> cocktail:
>
> ...the Canadian Lyric, a cocktail made of equal parts of lemion
> juice and maple syrup, added to a double portion of rye whisky, and
> shaken up with cracked ice.
>
> It isn't on teh interweb --- has anyone else heard of it?

I ain't never heard of no such thing, which is odd because I *am*
a Canuckistanian who enjoys the odd tipple every now and then.

> I think it sounds good, but I haven't seen anything specifically
> labelled as rye whiskey here (in the UK). Would any decent
> "Canadian whiskey" be appropriate?

Yeah, but, uh, be letting us know when you find such a thing as a
'decent "Canadian whiskey"' would you please? About the only
thing that comes to mind is Canadian Club, which is, uh, the Baby
Duck of whiskeys.

--Dave
--
"But you've got to hand it to IBM, they know how to design
hardware. The servers all had handles to pick them up and throw