Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'[_1_] Melba's Jammin'[_1_] is offline

Default Perfect way to spend a brutal-sizzling-miserably hot day

In article >,
(TammyM) wrote:

> I just returned from the grocery store about an hour ago. The truck
> is air conditioned, the store is air conditioned and my house is air
> conditioned, and I'm STILL all sweaty and icky. I put the stuff away,
> took a nice cool shower, and just settled back on the sofa with a
> Fresca and a stack of cookbooks. The beer will come at a more
> respectable hour.
>
> Steve Wertz really enticed me with that gyro recipe, damn his wicked
> heart <g> And Pandora also with that lovely veggie carbonara. I may
> make one, I may make both, I may make good on my threat to just do
> salad for dinner. Or I might just drink beer.
>
> Time will tell.
>
> toodles for now,
> TammyM

You need to be hydrated, Honey. Liquids, eh? I think you're on the
right path. I just heard about 115° and a caravan to move nursing home
patients somewhere else (I think that's what I heard anyway) in your
neck of the woods. My condolences.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 7-19-2006, Visit to our Country