Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Priscilla Ballou Priscilla Ballou is offline

Default Sweet Potato/Yam vs. Regular white potatos

In article <Cv0xg.2340$fL3.825@trnddc07>,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Wizzzer" > wrote in message
> > > I may give sweet potato fries a try; that sounds pretty
> > > good.
> > >
> > > --

> > They actually make a pretty good FF, but I like zuchini french
> > fries even better. A gal that cooks at a local bar and grill
> > was up to her eyeballs in zukes from her garden. Rather than
> > have them go to waste, she put some thru the french fry
> > machine, fried them up and put baskets of them on the bar for
> > free snacks for the customers. The customers loved them!
> > They are on the menu now and people come from all over to have
> > the zuke fries at $4 a basket. They actually sell better than
> > the regular fries. People order them alone as a snack to go
> > with their beer.

> Interesting. Are they breaded in any way?

The zucchini fries I ate years ago were. Were they ever good, though!
When I was growing up, if we had a crookneck squash that got away from
us (grew too big), we'd slice it crosswise, dip the slices in egg and
then breading, and fry them. Man oh man, were those yummy!

Priscilla, getting hungry

Priscilla