Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.drink
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default Buying a Distiller

In article >,
"jacqui{JB}" > wrote:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>
> > On eBay I've seen glass distillers, Italian
> > copper distillers (advertised as fully functional
> > but for decorative use only, whatever the heck
> > that means),

> They have to say that because it's generally illegal to distill your own
> spirits. It's a taxation issue.

No it's not.
You are allowed to brew a specific amount of alcohol per year for
personal consumption only. You just cannot legally sell it without a
liquor license.

http://www.happymountain.net/the%20law.html

Hope this helps?

--