Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM[_1_] TammyM[_1_] is offline

Default Perfect way to spend a brutal-sizzling-miserably hot day

On 23 Jul 2006 17:01:47 -0700, "maxine in ri" >
wrote:

>TammyM wrote:

<snip some stuff about hot weather whinings)

>I've been doing a lot of cooking with the microwave, including a whole
>chicken. DH was not happy, since he loves the crisp skin, but it
>doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven or cooktop. I made it up to
>him by using some spicy sauces and other seasonings.
>
>The humidity here has been dreadful, even though temps are hanging in
>the 80's. can't breath, don't feel like getting up at all, little say
>cooking. We've had tuna salad, marinated tofu, green salads with
>hummus, and fish, since it can be broiled quickly and doesn't seem to
>heat the house up too dreadfully.
>
>Been thinking of things like gazpacho and other cold soups. Beer
>sounds good. How much protein in a can?
>;-)

I whipped up some vichyssoise (again). Did it all in the micro.
Housemate LOVES my vichy, but I wasn't even up to the task of minding
a hot stove. I cooked the potats in the MW, sauteed the leeks in the
MW, everything else in the blender.

It was fab. We will do this again. No heating up of die Kuche!

TammyM