Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Perfect way to spend a brutal-sizzling-miserably hot day

Leila wrote:

> Hot tea makes you sweat and cool off, it's why the Pakistanis, Indians and
> other denizens of hot countries drink it.

That's a myth: http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/whimsy/a/teamyth.htm

I think the REAL reason that Indians and Pakistanis drink hot tea in the
heat is that it's such an uncomfortable thing to do that they conserve water
by only being able to down tiny amounts.

I don't need hot tea to make me sweat. The INSANELY BRUTAL BLISTERING HEAT
is sufficient for that. I need liquids to replenish what I'm losing when I
sweat. Gimme my Gatorade!

Bob