Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default Perfect way to spend a brutal-sizzling-miserably hot day

TammyM wrote:
> I just returned from the grocery store about an hour ago. The truck
> is air conditioned, the store is air conditioned and my house is air
> conditioned, and I'm STILL all sweaty and icky. I put the stuff away,
> took a nice cool shower, and just settled back on the sofa with a
> Fresca and a stack of cookbooks. The beer will come at a more
> respectable hour.
>
> Steve Wertz really enticed me with that gyro recipe, damn his wicked
> heart <g> And Pandora also with that lovely veggie carbonara. I may
> make one, I may make both, I may make good on my threat to just do
> salad for dinner. Or I might just drink beer.
>
> Time will tell.
>
> toodles for now,
> TammyM

I've been doing a lot of cooking with the microwave, including a whole
chicken. DH was not happy, since he loves the crisp skin, but it
doesn't heat up the kitchen like the oven or cooktop. I made it up to
him by using some spicy sauces and other seasonings.

The humidity here has been dreadful, even though temps are hanging in
the 80's. can't breath, don't feel like getting up at all, little say
cooking. We've had tuna salad, marinated tofu, green salads with
hummus, and fish, since it can be broiled quickly and doesn't seem to
heat the house up too dreadfully.

Been thinking of things like gazpacho and other cold soups. Beer
sounds good. How much protein in a can?
;-)
maxine in ri