Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Sweet Potato/Yam vs. Regular white potatos

"HorseThief" > wrote in message
> I have gotten various points of view from both a nutritionist and my
> GP.
> Might there be some practical experience or applications to indicate
> that one is better for you than the other ??

Depends on what you mean by "better". Nutritionally speaking they are not
the same. Both are loaded with carbs though and you may find you can eat
one but not the other. Or not either one. How is your BG after you eat
them? I can eat potatoes with no problems. I usually eat the Yukon Gold,
or red potatoes, but will sometimes eat the white ones. Sweet potatoes
spike me, but that's fine. I don't much like them anyway.

--
See my webpage: