Posted to rec.food.cooking
sd sd is offline

Default Vacuum Coffe Makers

In article <Rdwwg.850769$084.318616@attbi_s22>,
BrianW > wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with a vacuum coffee maker? Do they work
> good and make a fine cup of coffee? I have heard horror stories of them
> getting too hot and exploding or cracking.

I have a "gas-fired" Bodum Santos. It makes excellent coffee, but I
tend not to use it because it requires much more of my attention
(waiting for the boil, making sure the coffee makes it all the way
up and all the way down) than my automatic drip coffeemaker. I also
refuse to put it in the dishwasher, so it has to be cleaned by hand
-- another intervention I don't make with the ADC.

sd