Posted to rec.food.cooking
Scott[_2_] Scott[_2_] is offline

Default Vacuum Coffe Makers

In article <Rdwwg.850769$084.318616@attbi_s22>,
BrianW > wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with a vacuum coffee maker? Do they work
> good and make a fine cup of coffee? I have heard horror stories of them
> getting too hot and exploding or cracking.

I have about 15 antique vac pots of different styles and used them until
I became too paranoid about breaking the glass.

As a result, I bought a Bodum mini e-Santos (i.e., the electric model),
and have used it daily for a couple of years. Love the thing.

The only potential cracking problem COULD be if you grind too fine and
the water can't be sucked back down (you should grind just a little
finer than for autodrip), but I've never heard of any such occurrence.

see
<http://www.bodum.com/pages/products/...d=10&subFamId=
1002&id=3000-10CH>

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>