Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Sweet Potato/Yam vs. Regular white potatos

HorseThief > wrote:
: I have gotten various points of view from both a nutritionist and my
: GP.
: Might there be some practical experience or applications to indicate
: that one is better for you than the other ??

I am no expert, but sweet potato, I believe, has a better GI level wit th
ecarbs being absorbed slower than the white potato. some poeple can eat
them without spkein of they don't add al kinds of sweet stuff to them.
You woudl have to test yourself at 1 and 2 hours after eating the sweet
potato , or the white one to see how it affects you, as we all vary.

I can eat a few small red new potatos without a problem or a part of a
baked potato. I am not fond of sweet potatoes so I hav never tested them.
They are suosed to contain many helthful vitamins , mineral, etc.

Neither is necessary for a healthy diet, so I generally don't eat potato.

Wendy