Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default The Time-Life Cookbooks: Foods of the World series

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:23:13 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
>news >
>> On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 04:12:32 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
>>
>>>I misread the subject line as Food of the World Series. I thought
>>>STADIUM FOOD!

>> You weren't the only one. I *thought* this was a little early for the
>> end of baseball season! LOL!

>Heh heh heh. It took me to read the first couple posts before I noticed
>nobody mentioned any stadiums of past World Series and the final knife
>through the heart was the absence of recipes!

I know this isn't technically stadium food, but it might help ease
your pain just a bit.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Kettle Corn

Recipe By :Carol Peterson (Damsel)
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Signature Dishes Snacks-Sweet

vegetable oil
popcorn
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
salt -- for sprinkling

In a three-quart saucepan (or "kettle") with a tight-fitting lid, pour
enough oil to cover to a depth of about one-half the size of a popcorn
kernel. Add two "test" kernels of popcorn, and turn heat to medium
high. When the test kernels pop, the oil is hot enough to continue.

Quickly pour in enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the saucepan in
an even layer. Sprinkle the sugar over the unpopped kernels, and
place the lid on the pan. As the corn pops, shake the pan
occasionally to assure that unpopped kernels reach the bottom of the
pan. When the lid starts to lift off the pan and the popping slows or
stops, remove pan from heat.

Pour popped corn into a large bowl or several smaller ones. Dust
lightly with salt.

Yield:
"12 cups"