Dan Cordes

Default Yeast pkg. or jar

1 pkg. = 2 1/4 teaspoons

I have been buying the bulk yeast from Sam's for 13 years now and I use 1
tablespoon of yeast. 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons. I know this might offend
the serious "I weigh everything" bakers, but, Hey, I'm American if 21/4 is
good 3 must be better. :-) And the bulk pack from Sam's which is 2 - 1 lb.
bags cost less than $3.00 I use most of it myself but also share with my
fellow bread buddies at work. I've never been disappointed using this method
and all my bread turns out just fine.
Good luck

Dan
"janie" > wrote in message
> Many recipes call for one or two envelopes (packages) of yeast.
> Some call for one or two teaspoons.. or more...
> At one time I used a bread machine exclusively, quite often recipes

called
> for 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of yeast.
> at the time I was using the package kind, and there was always some left
> in the package. Fold it up, put it tne butter keeper till the next time.
> then, I would have several partial packages of yeast.
> I cleaned the keeper out, I went to the store and found Jars of yeast,

For