Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lisa Ann Lisa Ann is offline

Default REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Andy" <q> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> This is a two-day recipe. Cook the beef the first day, refrigerate it
>>> overnight, then cut into very thin slices for serving. For
>>> low-carbing, this stuff is just great, even without the bun.

>> <recipe snipped>
>>

>> The Food TV show "The best of..." did a whole show about Chicago eats and
>> in one segment they showcased "Mr. Beef" where they make the famous
>> Italian roast beef sandwich. It sure looked like a fun mess o' food!!!
>> Someday I'll have to try one. See how it holds up to a Philly
>> cheesesteak!
>>
>> Andy

> "Famous Italian roast beef sandwich"? I have never seen it !!!

LOL - because it's only famous in the US, Pandora! Specifically in Chicago.
As Damsel says, it's absolutely heaven done right, and I can't wait to try
her recipe!

I guess it would be more correct to call it "Italian-American Roast Beef",
but if you've ever met Italians from Chicago...well, they tend to whisper
the "American" part.

Lisa Ann