Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lisa Ann Lisa Ann is offline

Default REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
> :
>
>> Congratulations! 50 pounds! I have 62 to go, myself. It's nice
>> looking down and seeing things like toes!

> Carol,
>
> Thanks, and agreed. Although the reducing part is no where near as much
> fun as the gaining part was. That's what I got for buying a kitchen-aid
> mixer, crock-pot, deep-fryer, convection toaster oven, george foreman
> grilling machine (gift) and the allrecipes.com website.
>
> I can't break the no-beef rule, so I ignored your sound reasoning, for
> now.

I'm not trying to be difficult (just curious), but are you worried that
breaking the no-beef rule would set off cravings? That's how I've become
with carbs*...just the teensiest taste of, say, a cracker...and I
immediately want a huge plate of pasta smothered in marinara! If that's the
case, I commend you on your "don't break the no-beef rule!"

*I had to go off the low-carb diet about a month ago. I've got something
going on with my liver (we don't know what yet, I get the results of the CT
and extra blood tests tomorrow), and it took my appetite with it. Then it
became a matter of "If I can get it down, I'll eat it. The hell with carbs
or fat or whatever." As it is, I'm averaging about 750 calories a day. I
wanted to lose weight, but not this much! LOL.

Congratulations on the weight loss, Andy. And kids, please don't try my
method at home!

Lisa Ann