Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 19:55:38 +0200, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Andy" <q> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> This is a two-day recipe. Cook the beef the first day, refrigerate it
>>> overnight, then cut into very thin slices for serving. For
>>> low-carbing, this stuff is just great, even without the bun.

>> <recipe snipped>
>>
>> The Food TV show "The best of..." did a whole show about Chicago eats and
>> in one segment they showcased "Mr. Beef" where they make the famous
>> Italian roast beef sandwich. It sure looked like a fun mess o' food!!!
>> Someday I'll have to try one. See how it holds up to a Philly
>> cheesesteak!

>"Famous Italian roast beef sandwich"? I have never seen it !!!

It's a sandwich created and made famous in Chicago, Illinois. Try
making this sometime. It's like a spicy French Dip sandwich (which
probably has no history in France, either).

I'm considering making this for my cook-in in September. We'd use
smaller rolls in that case, though.

Carol