Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default REC - Italian Beef Sandwiches (crockpot recipe)

:

>> This is a two-day recipe. Cook the beef the first day, refrigerate it
>> overnight, then cut into very thin slices for serving. For
>> low-carbing, this stuff is just great, even without the bun.

><recipe snipped>
>
>The Food TV show "The best of..." did a whole show about Chicago eats and
>in one segment they showcased "Mr. Beef" where they make the famous
>Italian roast beef sandwich. It sure looked like a fun mess o' food!!!
>Someday I'll have to try one. See how it holds up to a Philly
>cheesesteak!

Don't hesitate, Andy. Make it today, eat it tomorrow. I promise you
won't regret it.

You guys are all gonna be so proud of me! Once, when I made this, I
used two tablespoons of crushed red peppers instead of 2 teaspoons.
OOPS! I ate it anyway. Lived to tell about it, even.

Carol