Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default stainless steel burners vs cast iron burners

wrote:

> wondering... for my new bbq that i am currently shopping for. whats
> better for the burners? cast iron or stainless steel? now just to be
> sure you understand me... i mean the BURNERS not the grates. i have
> rcvd plenty of advice on another site regards grates!! and i am sure
> they were all trying to be helpful. but i want to know specifficaly
> about the burners. thanks!!!

The cast iron burners work great. When my BBQ burners had to replaced I
got stainless. When those wore out I could not find stainless and for a
few dollars more got cast iron. They worked great. I had nice even heat
from them. The body of the BBQ corroded away and the whole unit had to
be replaced before the cast iron burners died.