Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski Virginia Tadrzynski is offline

Default "meat flushing" or CO injections

"aem" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Knit Chic wrote:
> > [long snip]
> > follow strict safety standards to continually ensure product does not

remain
> > on-shelf beyond the respective sell-by dates."
> >
> > Tops told 5 On Your Side, "If customers purchase any product which is

not
> > fresh, the store has a double your money back guarantee in place to give
> > customers a 200 percent refund."

> Typical corporate answers, probably crafted by lawyers. Neither one
> answers the question, do we sell meat treated with carbon monoxide?
> -aem

Like the whole Food Lion scam in the South. ABC did an undercover about
Food Lion bleaching it's meat when it developed mold. Food Lion sued and
ABC had to pony up.....Food Lion never denied bleaching the meat just that
ABC did not have their express permission to expose the practice is what won
the lawsuit.
-ginny