Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Outside round roast

> Thanks Jimmy. After reading yours and Dams's posts I don't think I'll
> risk doing it on the grill. BUT.... I think I'll pick up a pork roast
> next grocery trip.....Sharon

Well, I did the roast in the slow cooker. First, browned it in evoo
and butter. It smelled so good I sliced a bit off to taste. It was an
amazing flavour. No seasonings at all, and all I added was a can of no
name beef consomme, and some water. Let it simmer for about 6 hours,
then added some potatoes and a couple of whole vidalia onions for an
hour. No extra herbs or spices. Made gravy from the juices. Yum....the
best roast I've had in my many years.......One thing I wondered about
the vidalias, though. They look a lot like the cippolini (SP?) onions,
only larger. Does anyone know if they are a similar breed????
......Sharon