Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Default Ox Tails

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <pPcsg.154523$k%3.62861@dukeread12>,
> "DWACON" > wrote:

[snip]
> > I am thinking of buying a pressure cooker -- although they aren't good with
> > bubbly things like beer -- I like keeping a roof in my house. But any ideas
> > for recipes to do this with a pressure cooker?

> Make sure the beer's flat before you use it. Pressure cook at 15psi for
> about 45-60 minutes, IME.

Here's a link to a recipe by Emeril called "Caribbean Oxtails." He
uses Guinness stout and recommends boiling the stout or beer for
several minutes. Probably doesn't have the patience to open it and let
it go flat first. The recipe also gives procedures for either long
simmering or using a pressure cooker. -aem

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._33510,00.html