Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Outside round roast

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 10:02:32 -0400, biig > wrote:
>
> > How would you folks do it up for the gas grill (See Dams, I took your
> >advice....lol...)....Sharon

> LOL!
>
> Round roast on the grill. That sounds kinda scary to me. Round is
> usually cooked slowly, with water. I'd probably cook it in the crock
> pot until it was tender, then toss it on the grill to crisp the
> outside up and get a little flavor going. Maybe brush it with olive
> or other oil first, to help it brown? Onions in the crock pot, too.
>
> Carol

I've always done this type of roast in the slow cooker, but was
hoping it would be possible on the grill. I've just gotten our grill
back in service after several years and have gone sorta loco doing
almost everything on it, including biscuits. I guess I'll do the slow
cooker thing again. It's hot here and I'll put it outside so I don't
heat up the kitchen. So far we haven't used the a/c. Hydro (electric
to our southern neighbours) has gone up 20 percent, but my pension has
not...... Sharon