Posted to alt.food.vegan
nemo nemo is offline

Default Those Damn Terrorist Animal Rights Activists and Vegetarians

"Allen & Claudia Waddell" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Why does every post on this newsgroup turn into the same boring argument?

I think it's because people who really care for animals find what is done to
them in the name of science totally and utterly intolerable. I do - to the
extent that I have to try to avoid thinking about it.

You'll notice of course that there are far more programmes, reports etc.
calling animal rights people terrorists than there are showing the public
what actually goes on in vivisection and research labs, about 90% of which
has absolutely nothing to do with research into and testing of new
medicines.

One example of this bias is the fact that for years the BBC described
Huntington Life Science 'a drug testing company' while all the time one look
at Huntington's own website showed that they do any and every kind of
testing. Cosmetics, household and industrial chemicals, the lot.

I think if the public were made fully aware of what animal testing really
involves, they would find calling the animal rights people terrorists
utterly disgusting and come over to their side.

This is, of course, what the government is terrified of; a group of direct
action protesters winning the sympathy of the public.

There used to be recipes here once too.

Nemo.