Posted to rec.food.restaurants,alt.consumers,alt.food
dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane dichloro-diphenyl-trichloroethane is offline

Default US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions- ABSURD!!!

michael wrote...
> US Government Trying to Order Restaurants to Downsize Food Portions -
> ABSURD!!!
>
> This is ridiculous! I know that obesity is a great concern in America
> but the US government is trying to raise the cost of food by
> encouraging restaurants to 'downsize' their food portions. This is
> overstepping a boundary! There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking
> a doggie bag of food home with you. Next thing you know, they'll be
> setting up video cameras at 'all-you-can-eat' buffets.
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fit_diet_restaurants_obesity

It won't happen. American politicians sometimes propose ridiculous
things for show, but they don't expect the ideas to be taken
seriously. Compare this to the UK where such an idea would quickly
pass Parliament as a mandate and not a mere suggestion. Britain is
the country trying to outlaw sharp objects on the grounds that they
can stab people, so it is likely that it will pass a law in the near
future requiring people to eat only Soylent Green and mandating
installation of video surveillance cameras in each room of their
homes to ensure compliance, as well as regular testing of their
stools to make sure no forbidden foods were consumed. Those who
refused to comply with the official government diet would be served
with Anti-Social Behaviour orders and committed to mental
institutions to cure them of their eating disorders.