Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] Damsel in dis Dress[_1_] is offline

Default REC - Cottage Dill Loaf

zxcvbob wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > This is such a delicious bread! Mom used to make it all the time.
> > Unfortunately, I never got her recipe. At one of my employers, I
> > worked with a woman who turned out to have been one of Mom's
> > co-workers, and she had the recipe! So this is very special to me. If
> > only I had some yeast - there's volunteer dill growing all over the
> > yard from last year. LOL!

> How much fresh dillweed would you use? [snipped recipe called for 1
> Tbsp dill seed] I have dill all over the place.

I'm really not sure. I've only made this a couple times, and that was
with Mom, who's been gone for 22 years now. Hopefully, someone more
knowledgabe than myself will come along with the answer.

I harvested my dill seeds last year, and have enough for an average
lifetime. The plan was for pickles, but you know me and plans.

Carol, who finally made the coffee cake and chocolate oatmeal cake