Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown[_1_] King's Crown[_1_] is offline

Default Grapefruit

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Gabadab wrote:
>
>> I was at the produce section his morning selecting grapefruit. I
>> sniffed, squeezed and bagged. I looked for grapefruit that weren't too
>> firm, weren't too green and smelled like grapefruit. I wonder how the
>> folks at RFC select grapefruit. How do you gauge a good one?

> Good color (which indicates it's ripe) and heavy for its size (which
> indicates it's juicy).
>
> Bob

I do the same thing... pick the heavy ones. Works well for oranges and
lemons too. I've been told I always have good oranges nice and juicy. The
opposite is true of picking geodes though... pick the light ones if you want
one hollow with crystals.

Lynne