Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default The seven major cuisines of the world?

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:36:56 -0500, "Scott T. Jensen"
> wrote:

>Hypothetical situation: Your kitchen services a boarding school with
>children from around the world. The headmaster has told you to hire seven
>chefs and each specialize in one of the seven major cuisines of the world.
>Each chef runs the kitchen once a week and uses the rest of the week to
>prepare for next time. The idea is to give the vast majority of the
>students from all the different parts of the world a weekly taste of home as
>well as expose them to other cuisines. Having said all that...
>
>What would be considered the seven cuisines these chefs would cover?
>
>My guess is:
>European (from Iceland to Russia to Italy)
>African
>Middle Eastern
>South Asia (India region)
>East Asia (from China to Japan to Singapore)
>Pacific (including Australia and New Zealand)
>American

I would quibble about the last two. Oz, NZ, and USA have some of the
most brilliiant chefs working today, but this has been the case for
such a limited time that their cuisines are largely synthetic.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

Capsizing under chute, and having the chute rise and fill without tangling, all while Mark and Sally are still behind you