Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito Mr Libido Incognito is offline

Default Kitchen Timer

Pennyaline wrote on 29 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > Denise in NH wrote:
> >

> >> I bought a new little digital timer from a Pampered Chef party and
> >> I really like it a lot, except I wish the magnet was a little
> >> stronger. I found the timer floating in a pot of boiling gravy one
> >> day. It had fallen off of the hood where I had placed it. It
> >> still works great though. It has a clip in the back for wearing it
> >> when I'm outside gardening. It's very slim and portable. I've seen
> >> similar ones in stores.
> >>

> > Mine is just one of those "old fashioned" wind-up ones that you park
> > off wherever its convenient in the kitchen... luckily it rings loud
> > enough for me to hear it from almost anywhere in the house. If I do
> > go out into the back yard to do something, I just take it with me
> > (its literally the size of a large egg) and stick it on the garden
> > table... However, one of those "hang around your neck" things might
> > be handy too.

> Yeah, mine's a little 60-minute "wind up" jobbie, too, the shape (and
> color) of an eggplant. It rings loud and long, and that's just what I
> need.
>
> <damn that color, though... clashes with everything else in the
> kitchen!>

My cheapie digital wrist watch seems to have a built in countdown timer
with alarm. So does my microwave and my stove and my digital timer...By
the time I set all of these...I forget why I'm setting them or it's been
5 minutes past the time I required.

--
-Alan