Posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.drink
Tim Chmielewski Tim Chmielewski is offline

Default "Grappling with grappa".

Adam Funk > wrote in news:4ofdn3-00k.ln1
@news.ducksburg.com:

> http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/st...798163,00.html
>
> --> Grappa does, indeed, carry the odour of a heavy hangover,
> --> the sort that forces stinking, unprocessed alcohol out
> --> through your pores in an all-over body burp. Apparently,
> --> Italo Calvino thought it appropriate only for "defrocked
> --> priests, unemployed bookkeepers and husbands that have been
> --> cuckolded". Perhaps the kindest thing I've heard said about
> --> it - and this must be the extremeness of the alcohol level -
> --> is that it smells like skin-toner.
>
> I'm glad I read this *after* the trip to Italy.

Put it through a Britta water filter about four times and it should be
right (you will have to ditch the filter afterwards though.)

--
My Photos : http://photos.timchuma.com
The Town Bikes: http://twopresonbike.timchuma.com