Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chatty Cathy Chatty Cathy is offline

Default Kitchen Timer

Denise in NH wrote:

> I bought a new little digital timer from a Pampered Chef party and I
> really like it a lot, except I wish the magnet was a little stronger. I
> found the timer floating in a pot of boiling gravy one day. It had
> fallen off of the hood where I had placed it. It still works great
> though. It has a clip in the back for wearing it when I'm outside
> gardening. It's very slim and portable. I've seen similar ones in
> stores.

Mine is just one of those "old fashioned" wind-up ones that you park off
wherever its convenient in the kitchen... luckily it rings loud enough
for me to hear it from almost anywhere in the house. If I do go out into
the back yard to do something, I just take it with me (its literally the
size of a large egg) and stick it on the garden table... However, one of
those "hang around your neck" things might be handy too.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy