hahabogus

Default Falling cheesecake

L. Raymond > wrote in
:

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Levelwave=A9?= > wrote:
>
>>L. Raymond wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering if anyone can offer hints as to how to prevent a
>>> cheesecake from falling.

>>Did you let it cool in the oven?

> I've turned the oven off and let it sit for an hour. I've dropped
> the temperature to 100 degrees and let it sit. I've taken it out and
> immediately put it under a dome to keep the heat in. It always tastes
> excellent, but I'm just not happy with the look.
> --
>
> L. Raymond

I had this last night and I'll admit it fell a little but not much and was
very tasty and nicely browned. It was originally a kraft recipe but I
talked her into modifing the Graham crust by removing 1/4 c crumbs and
adding 1/4 cup chopped nuts. I think coconut in the crumbs would work too.

It was dessert after a fine meal (roast beast) and it had only cooled about
1.75 or 2 hours before we ate it....First time I had ever eaten a warmish
Cheese Cake. But it won't be the last time as it was glorious and melted in
your mouth more than a refridgerated cheesecake does.

Orange Lime CheeseCake

1 cup Graham Waffer Crumbs
1/4 cup Chopped Nuts (Hazelnuts or
Pecans)
1/4 cup Melted Butter
3 pkg (8oz/250gr each) Cream Cheese Room temp.
1 cup Sugar
1 ts Vanilla
1 TB (each) Lemon, Lime, & Orange Juice
1 TB (each) Lemon, Lime, & Orange Peel
3 Eggs

Combine Crumbs, nuuts and Melted Butter and Press into a 9 inch Spring Form
Pan.

Beat Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla on Med Speed till well Blended.
Blend in Juices and Peels.
Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well in between.

Pour over the crust.

Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or untill center is almost set.

Cool completely on a rack and refridgerate 4 hours or over night before
serving.

Quite enjoyable eaten after barely cooled (almost room temp)
Serve with whipped Cream.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.