Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brad Houser Brad Houser is offline

Default Brinkmann Charcoal Smoke n Grill

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:19:13 -0500, Scott Toney wrote:

> I was going to go out and buy a smoker when my wife's Uncle loaned me one
> for this weekend. Having never used a "smoker", I am looking for pointers,
> suggestions etc. I am planning on doing pulled pork. I was going to do a dry
> rub of salt, pepper, cayenne and garlic.
>
> thanks

There are many web sites with pointers on the Brinkmann, aka "el cheapo
brinkmann". Some modifications are temporary, others are permanent. you may
want to check with the uncle before doing any permanent mods, but the end
result is a more useful smoker.

I have one and my smoked pork butt turned out great.

A picture is he http://barbeque.allrecipes.com/az/SmkdPrkBtt.asp

Brad Houser