occupant

Default deep fryer

> I am looking for a small electric counter top deep fryer. Any suggestions?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> John

Two problems, John, small and electric.

I got burned when I purchased a deep fryer - big name brand - (is stored
in my garage). It wasn't the grease, it was the price and temperature.

Most (perhaps all) domestic deep fryers these days don't have a
temperature gauge and for a very good reason. They can't heat the fat
hot enough. I use a restaurant-sized steel wok (they are cheap) and a
themometer. As others have suggested a pot, basket or tongs,
thermometer and attention to details - are all you need, and they are
right.