Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default Keemun

Hi Jennifer,

It's important to say here that Keemun, unlike
Pu'erh, can't be stashed away for years and
years -- to my knowledge, that is; rather, a
year or two of age seems to bring out its soft
chocolate qualities. WuYi teas are also candidates
for holding months before drinking, but
only those that have been roasted well. I'm
hearing that Dan Congs (Phoenix Mts) also
take well to some age, but again, not at the
Pu'erh level where 30 years is really good and
50 years is excellent. And yesterday I saw pictures
of several cakes over 150 years old.

Michael, rambling