Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_1_] sf[_1_] is offline

Default How to shell (dehull) pumpkin seeds at home?

On 21 Jun 2006 23:35:57 -0700, -L. wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > >

> > I've roasted the seeds of many pumpkins over the years and they NEVER
> > turn out right no matter what I do to them. So, I still prefer buying
> > a package of already roasted and salted pepitas. Less work, better
> > eating.

> What are you doing? I have it down to an art.

I've tried pretty much every method from soaking for days to dry
roasting.... it's not something I want to get back into. I did it
every year as my kids grew up, they can do it with their kids now.
Surfice it to say, I never developed a taste for home roasted pumpkin
seeds. I prefer them from a package, precooked, preshelled and
presalted.

--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.