Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Warming Up To Cold Soups

Michael wrote:

> this is one of my all time favorites and I do use chicken stock (if I have
> some made) instead of water.

I had to smile at this. An episode of "Emeril Live" featured Julia Child as
a guest, and Emeril wanted to make vichyssoise. He remarked to the audience
that using chicken stock provided more flavor to the soup, and Julia
immediately chided him for it, saying that the soup has a much more "pure"
taste if you use water as in the recipe.

'Course you like your martinis dirty, so maybe purity isn't all that
important to you. :-)

Bob