Old 20-06-2006, 11:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue
Jke Jke is offline

Default Question about pan cooking large sausage links

"Abe" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I'm wondering what people think about pan cooking large sausage links
with regard to either:
1. Starting in a little water and then cooking to dry to crisp them
up, or,
2. Starting them dry and crisping them up, then adding a little water
to finish the cooking.

Anyone have a preference and reason? I'm interested to know what other
people think.

If it matters, it's pork andouille sausage in casings.

The sausages I buy need soaking in hot water for 20 mins, then they are
fried in butter. Says the instructions on the packetm, and I follow them. I
assume the soaking is to prevent the skin form bursting.