Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Chili question (Or maybe it should be chile question)

"Rich" > wrote in news:Wh4kg.12595$Z67.7396
@tornado.socal.rr.com:

> If it's just anchos, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder, those
> ingredients are already in the recipe independently, so why bother?

The blend would be a starting point, I'm willing to bet those ingredients
are not in the same proportion to each other in the recipe as they are in
the blend.

I start my Chili I make with McCormick's Chili powder, but I also have
Chipolte Chile Powder, Cumin, Garlic that I add as I want to tweak the
blend.